The following phishing scam from a uconn.edu email address is circulating again (see 9-5-17 post).
We will be Shutting Down your Account due to suspicious Activity and Login from a Different IP with your Account which have made us take this decision to safeguard your Account. To avoid Shutting Down of this Account you will be Required to CLICK THIS LINK now and Submit Details as you have just 24Hrs to confirm your Account.
If you receive this message:
- Do not click on any links, and do not provide your information. ITS and other University organizations will not send unsolicited requests for UConn credentials or other personal information.
- Forward the message to email@example.com
- Delete it from you inbox.
If you clicked on the links:
- Change your NetID password immediately.
- Set up or change your “secret questions and answers” for your NetID account.
For more a more in-depth discussion of how you can spot phishing scams and protect yourself, please see “Phishing attacks and how to avoid being scammed”.
Contact the ITS Help Center at 860-486-4357 is you need assistance.